Wednesday 18 January 2012

Poster and Magazine advert Research

When I came to research existing posters created for actual artists, I found that most of them stuck to the same image, or very similar to the CD cover for brand identity reasons. For example, Rhianna has used the exact same image for her poster as her CD cover, and used more information about the release dates of the album etc. After previous research of the CD covers which I had completed,(ALBUM COVERS RESEARCH POST) I began to work with ideas which I could use for my CD cover to work effectively, but also designs which I could encorporate a poster into the design for two effective pieces of work.
POSTER
CD COVER
I Also had to remind myself of previous research where I found a lot of artists use the same set for their CD cover photographs as in their actual music videos, meaning that I should keep a running theme of a shot in my music video, CD cover and poster all similar. I have decided that my 'Brick wall' feature in my music video is the most effective, and as well as my previous draft CD cover, I believe I can create an effective marketing scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment