Thursday 26 January 2012

The making of the front cover of the Digipak!

When I came to create my Digipak, the first thing I wanted to perfect was the CD cover. Because I already had my poster, I roughly knew how the CD cover should look, to keep it similar for easier recognition of the whole package of marketing, so I used the 'Brick Wall' photograph, and changed it to Black and White. I Then began to look through all of the photos of Alice I had to find the perfect image, and Copied her onto the image, and soon found that having Alice with only half a face was very effective. I also then added the same Logo and CD name. I also found that a lot of Rhianna digipaks came with a Parental advisory symbol, and I felt this would give the CD cover a more realistic view. I also edited Alice's face by airbrushing her face through photoshop, followed by the brightening of her blue eyes to make them stand out much more.

Sizing the image background
Changing the background to B&W.
Adding a new layer of Alice, Erasing existing background.
Brightening her eyes up using hue/Saturation
Finished Eye.
Positioning Alice on the CD cover.
Adding the Pre made Logo.
Adding CD Title
Final CD Cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment