Thursday 26 January 2012

The CD Back cover

Because I had heavily featured the brick wall on the CD cover, I wanted to keep a running theme throughout the back of the CD as well. I also used the same font as the 'WARZONE' for the titles of the songs. I individually made each layer of each letter and placed them on each brick, which I tried to create the effect that the writing is written as grafitti on the wall. I also found the actual thinking of track titles hard, as I didn't really know what I could call them, however after reading through many different lyrics, it became increasingly easier. I then went to google to find a barcode for the corner of my CD back cover, and pasted it as a new layer and resized it. I then added my artists website along the top of the barcode which I actually thought looked very professional. I then seeked help from other existing CD's to get a feel for what is written on the back of a CD. After the text was written, the last finishing touch was the Recording company which I had chosen from previous research as 'Epic Records'.
Making the background B&W and adjusting size of cover.
Adding Letters and numbers.
Adding more track titles and numbers.
Adding a Barcode
Adding all small text, web address and Epic logo.
Final CD back cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment