Friday 14 October 2011

Mood and Lighting trial

From the research and mood boards I created based on moods and lighting, I have decided to experiment with the idea further. The complete contrasts within RnB of Glamourous style lighting and mood to the contrasting 'Grunge' styled mood is so different. I have experimented with different colourisation and editing through a photo I took of Alice to demonstrate the makeup styles. I felt that this would be a perfect image to experiment with mood as good makeup can either me Glam or Grunge. I completed the edited photographs through Adobe Photoshop. Although I will be editing my music video through Premiere Pro, this is just an experiment with colouring and lighting.

As you can see from the image below, I have edited the colouring to make the colours darker, gloomy and slightly cold. This in my opinion gives a different styling completely to the mood of Glamourous.
My 'Grunge' Styled edit of a still
For the other contrasting shot of Alice, I have used warmer tones, more contrast and a slightly more airbrushed effect. This gives a much more glamourous view on the image and would be perfect to contrast against the 'Grungy style'.
My 'Glam' Styled edit of a still
Now I have experimented with colouring, I can now start thinking about adapting my lighting for shooting the scene as well as knowing the colourisation I want to do in the post production stages of my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment