Thursday 13 October 2011

Five Final Locations

Location/Scene 1- Dance Routine/Studio
For this scene, I wanted it to be quite like Cassie's video 'Me and U' where she dances the whole way through the video in a dance studio, however our dance studio at school is much more 'Modern' than the one in Cassies video. I am still confident that this location is going to be good, and I am hoping to use colourisation settings to give it more of a grimey look to the video like in Cassies.

The Dance studio at our School.
In our Dance studio, we have a stained glass window which I have decided may be quite good to shoot a few frames of Alice in front of the window miming the song. I am confident that even though i have no evidence of a window being used such as my one, I still think it could fit well with the 'Studio' style shot of an RnB music video.
The Glass Window in the Studio. 
Screenshot from Cassie- 'Me and U' (also Square glass windows)
Cassies Music Video- 'Me and U'

Location/Scene 2- Brick Wall/Backstreet
The Brick wall scene is another that I also may consider changing into black and white, however I do like the vibrancy of the brick walls colouring. Anyhow, I do love this setting as it is exactly the way I imagined it for my music video when I came up with the idea. The only one thing I am worried about is the fact that this wall is outside, and I would of preferred a studio styled lit scene, whereas I have to use the natural light. The Screenshot of JLS shows a good example of the type of scene I wish to construct.
The Brick wall next to my school.
Screenshot from JLS- 'Everybody In Love'
I also wish to do a similar styled shot to Rihanna's 'Unfaithful' Music video where she is lying down on a sofa with graffiti behind her. This is my imitation of this, and I think its going to be a very successful shot.
My Styled shot inspired by Rhianna.
Rhianna- 'Unfaithful'
Location/Scene 3- Glam/Studio
For this scene, I wanted a plain backdrop, so I decided that the Drama studio would be appropriate. Although the drama studio is quite 'Shabby', this may add extra dimension to the mise en scene of my video as I am conforming to the conventional style of RnB, and in particular the grungy styled settings such as Alexandra Burkes Video 'Bad Boys', there are frequently shots of her behind grungy settings, and throughout a lot of scenes in RnB.
The Staircase in the Drama Studio.
The Stairs in the Drama Studio could provide a good scene very like Nicole Scherzinger's Video- 'Wet' Where she is also sat on the stairs in a grungy setting. I believe that this will prove a good scene and an interesting view for the audience, especially the CCTV style shot like Nicole's as well.

Nicole Scherzinger- 'Wet' CCTV Styled Shot.

The plain back wall which is the main background for my video.
Alexis Jordan- 'Good Girl'- Similar dark background
However, Although Alexis Jordan had a plain backdrop in her music video, I feel this is too boring, so using the drama studio with the imperfections, I feel that it is also a lot like Alexandra Burkes Video 'Bad Boys' where she takes the other extreme of using extremely textured backdrops.
Alexandra Burke- 'Bad Boys'
Location/Scene 4- Studio/Chair
In this Shot, I wanted to include a more basic styled backdrop as all of my others have included a certain scene such as the dance studio, or more textured such as the brick wall, therefore the presence of a white backdrop with studio lighting is good for the style of shot I would like to have.
The Photography Studio at School.
Location/Scene 5- Hunk/Male Actor
For this scene, I am also going to use the Photography studio because I will be zoomed right in taking closeups of the male actor, and therefore do not require any special required backgrounds as the actual visibility of the background will be low.

No comments:

Post a Comment