Friday 14 October 2011

The Camera!

To film my music video, I must decide what to film with. For this, I experimented with a few cameras and weighed up the benefits and drawbacks for each camera to decide what I shall film my music video with. My selection included many cameras, all shaped and sizes from the schools media cameras, however I narrowed it down to my favourite two.

Canon EOS 500D
The Canon EOS 500D is not actually the School's camera, it is my own. This is an option that my teacher suggested as he does recommend Canon Photography cameras for filming as they have HD video recording features. The main benefit of using this camera for me is that I already know how to use the camera effectively through my Photography work and my own personal use of the camera, and the other thing is the complete availability of the camera as other members of my media class will be requiring the other cameras.



Sanyo HD-1000
The Sanyo video camera is another option that I had to film my music video on. This was the same camera I used when I filmed my opening scene to a movie in My Foundation Portfolio. This enabled me to understand the usage of the camera however I had not used the camera in a while, and would take some time getting used to. The camera is also a very popular one to use amongst the rest of the media students which made me slightly anxious because if i chose this camera to film with, it could be unavailable a lot of the time making my production time shortened.




After considering both of my favourite cameras to use, I have decided to use my own Canon EOS 500D as this will completely allow no problems with cameras being available to film with when it comes to shooting! The only slight worries is the manual focusing on my camera as the auto focus takes more time when filming HD footage, however with enough experiments, this should not be any worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment